Serving Patients Since 1949

Smith Bridenstine Opticians opened in downtown Indianapolis at 35 Ohio St in November 1949. They opened several more stores, expanding to the west, east, and north sides of Indianapolis. William Bridenstine has always been at the helm of the northside store. Many will remember the Glendale mall location fondly. He moved from the Glendale location to Clearwater Crossing in August of 1998, where he continues to serve his loyal customer base and new patients.

Welcome!

Independent, Family Owned Optical Company

Established in 1949, Smith Bridenstine Opticians is one of the oldest providers of all your optical needs in the greater Indianapolis and surrounding regional areas. People come from all over the country for the expert care they have been accustomed to receiving over the years. While we are deeply rooted in providing the highest quality product and service, our opticians keep a close eye on changing technology and advances in the area of eyewear.  It is because we deliver outstanding results year in and year out that we have remained independent for over 69 years.

Why Choose Us?

  • Outstanding Care
  • Prompt and Reliable Service
  • Advanced Treatment Procedures
  • Competitive Prices
  • Quality Products

We Offer:

  • Glasses
  • Contact Lens
  • Prescription Sunglasses